行业新闻

从事口语翻译的译者需要做什么?(二)2012.10.15

5、Fine-tune your writing and research skills.训练你的写作和研究技能。

Take challenging composition courses (not just creative writing courses, but classes in journalism, technical writing, etc.) so you can “speak”[w] journalese[/w], UNese, legalese, etc.参加有挑战性的写作课(不是那种纯粹的创新写作课程,而是关于新闻写作、科技类写作的课程),这样你才能了解新闻文体、联合国文体、法律文体等等。

Copy (by hand) sections of textbooks and periodicals in your non-native language(s).用非母语手写抄下课本的节选和期刊的文摘。

Practice proofreading.练习纠错能力。

6. Improve your public speaking skills.提高你的公开演讲能力。

Practice writing and making presentations in front of other people in both your native and foreign language(s). (Have native speakers of your non-native language edit your speeches.)用母语和外语在他人面前练习写作和演讲。请将你正在学习语言的作为母语的人纠正你的演讲。

7. Hone your analytical skills.磨练你的分析能力。

Practice listening to speeches and orally summarizing the main points.练习收听演讲并口头概括要点。

Practice writing summaries of news articles.练习提炼新闻文章的要点。

Practice explaining complicated concepts understandably.练习明确阐述复杂概念。

Identify resources for background research (e.g. library, Internet, etc.).找出基础研究的资料来源。(例如:图书馆、网络等等)。

8. Become computer savvy. 做电脑达人。

Familiarize yourself with navigation and file management under current Windows operating systems (most of the software tools used in the localization industry today are not compatible with the Apple operating system).熟悉最新Windows操作系统中的导航功能和文件管理。目前,大部分本地化产业所使用的软件工具都无法与苹果操作系统相媲美。

Become an expert in search engines and online research by using these tools on a daily basis.通过每天使用上述工具成为搜索和网络调查方面的能手。